A team from Hamburg, Germany, as part of a competition, developed a design for a highly secure bike lock. The locks looks like they would be very expensive to make and far too heavy to take on bike rides.
You can view the list of parts used to develop the lock as well as a “making of” here.
Stay up to Date
Follow on Twitter
Share on Facebook
What You’re Saying
- Nathan Deunk SeeClickFix really was amazing while it lasted. It really helped us hold the city accountable for all the tickets they closed without action. Maybe...
- Manfred G. Neun There is a second dimension we should take in: Fully powered - hybrid powered - active powered; related to active and passive mobility paradigm, with...
- cyclelogisticsna What about cargo bikes? There are different types of cargo bikes for different purposes. We need to account for those as well.
- C40 Cities
- CEOs for Cities
- CityTalk USA (ICLEI)
- Cooltown Studios
- Future Cape Town
- Gehl Live (Gehl Architects)
- Insights (World Resources Institute)
- Next City
- Places Wire
- Project for Public Spaces
- Shareable: Cities
- Smart Cities Dive
- Sustainable Cities (World Bank)
- The Dirt (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- The Guardian Cities
- The Transport Politic
- TheCityFix Brasil
- TheCityFix Mexico
- TheCityFix Turkiye
- Transport for Development (World Bank)
- Velo Mondial
- WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
By Jonna McKone December 3, 2010