A team from Hamburg, Germany, as part of a competition, developed a design for a highly secure bike lock. The locks looks like they would be very expensive to make and far too heavy to take on bike rides.
You can view the list of parts used to develop the lock as well as a “making of” here.
Stay up to Date
Follow on Twitter
Share on Facebook
What You’re Saying
- Sachin I agree with janie. Low density suburbia is not sustainable. COVID-19 is affecting our cities but lets not forget that we only have one planet.
- Diana Kocher Really interesting article, especially because it such a relevant topic to everyone..or at least should be. I also found this article talking about...
- Ch Lol can i have some background information about the author
- C40 Cities
- CEOs for Cities
- CityTalk USA (ICLEI)
- Cooltown Studios
- Future Cape Town
- Gehl Live (Gehl Architects)
- Insights (World Resources Institute)
- Next City
- Places Wire
- Project for Public Spaces
- Shareable: Cities
- Smart Cities Dive
- Sustainable Cities (World Bank)
- The Dirt (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- The Guardian Cities
- The Transport Politic
- TheCityFix Brasil
- TheCityFix Mexico
- TheCityFix Turkiye
- Transport for Development (World Bank)
- Velo Mondial
- WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
By Jonna McKone December 3, 2010