A team from Hamburg, Germany, as part of a competition, developed a design for a highly secure bike lock. The locks looks like they would be very expensive to make and far too heavy to take on bike rides.
You can view the list of parts used to develop the lock as well as a “making of” here.
Stay up to Date
Follow on Twitter
Share on Facebook
What You’re Saying
- Leszek Zajac Most countries running nuclear power plants have to waste a lot of solar and wind potential due to slow ramp up/down times of such power plants. You...
- Leszek Zajac Grid is stabilized by EV charging now, with 3% of cars being EV. When EV percentage hit 20% we will have higher night usage than day. Another...
- Wade Wilson It was a decent idea ... when it functioned. Currently at 30 Florida Avenue NE, a dislodged brick has revealed a washout below meaning the bricks are...
- C40 Cities
- CEOs for Cities
- CityTalk USA (ICLEI)
- Cooltown Studios
- Future Cape Town
- Gehl Live (Gehl Architects)
- Insights (World Resources Institute)
- Next City
- Places Wire
- Project for Public Spaces
- Shareable: Cities
- Smart Cities Dive
- Sustainable Cities (World Bank)
- The Dirt (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- The Guardian Cities
- The Transport Politic
- TheCityFix Brasil
- TheCityFix Mexico
- TheCityFix Turkiye
- Transport for Development (World Bank)
- Velo Mondial
- WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
By Jonna McKone December 3, 2010