A team from Hamburg, Germany, as part of a competition, developed a design for a highly secure bike lock. The locks looks like they would be very expensive to make and far too heavy to take on bike rides.
You can view the list of parts used to develop the lock as well as a “making of” here.
Stay up to Date
Follow on Twitter
Share on Facebook
What You’re Saying
- aRvInD Truly an standout write-up!
- Eric Doherty It is great that point 1 is about reallocating public funds from road/highway/freeway expansion to public transit and other sustainable forms of...
- Phil With gasoline prices roughly 40-50% of those in Europe, it's still an uphill battle to popularize EVs in the US. Pre-used EVs compete with pre-used...
- C40 Cities
- CEOs for Cities
- CityTalk USA (ICLEI)
- Cooltown Studios
- Future Cape Town
- Gehl Live (Gehl Architects)
- Insights (World Resources Institute)
- Next City
- Places Wire
- Project for Public Spaces
- Shareable: Cities
- Smart Cities Dive
- Sustainable Cities (World Bank)
- The Dirt (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- The Guardian Cities
- The Transport Politic
- TheCityFix Brasil
- TheCityFix Mexico
- TheCityFix Turkiye
- Transport for Development (World Bank)
- Velo Mondial
- WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
By Jonna McKone December 3, 2010