The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) and the Sustainable Transport Award (STA) Committee, including EMBARQ (the producer of this blog), invite you to nominate your city for the 9th Annual Sustainable Transport Award. Nominations are now open and will be accepted online until September 15th, 2012. More info and nomination form here.
The Sustainable Transport Award is given to a city or major jurisdiction that has had a profound, mitigating impact on climate change by enhancing the sustainability and livability of its community using innovative transportation strategies. These strategies should increase mobility for all residents, reduce transportation greenhouse and air pollution emissions, and improve safety and access for bicyclists and pedestrians.
Nominations can be submitted by NGOs, government agencies, planners, activist groups, and individuals, and will be reviewed by the STA Committee.
The STA Committee includes the most respected experts and organizations working internationally on sustainable transportation. Committee members are:
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP)
- EMBARQ, The World Resources Institute Center for Sustainable Transport
- GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit)
- Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities Center (CAI-Asia)
- Transportation Research Board Committee on Transportation in Developing Countries
- Clean Air Institute for Latin America
- United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD)
- Transport Research Laboratory
The award winner and honorable mentions will officially be announced at an evening reception at the Transportation Research Board’s Annual Conference in January 2013. Finalists will be notified by November 1, 2012.
For more details on the Sustainable Transport Awards, and to nominate your city or any city, visit staward.org.