EMBARQ Brazil is looking for a full-time (37.5 hours/week), fundraising coordinator to research potential donors through various written, in-person, and online mediums; and develop the fundraising process and operations. The fundraising coordinator will focus on prospecting and cultivating new sustainable mobility and land use donors, as well as, supporting the management of current EMBARQ Brazil relationships. The goal is to maximize and leverage the sustainable transport philanthropy potential of EMBARQ Brazil’s portfolio in order to advance the organization’s most critical projects.
This position would report directly to the EMBARQ Brazil Director of Development and Strategic Relations, while working closely with the EMBARQ Brazil Center Director, and the EMBARQ Global Fundraising Director.
This position offers the opportunity to connect with sustainable mobility and urbanization advocates, experts, and key foundation, corporate, and government players from around the world.
- Support the Director of Development to meet fundraising goals and maintain fundraising activities
- Research and support activities for the top 20-25 relationships for EMBARQ Brazil that bring significant resources to the program’s priorities
- Establish and maintain strong and effective relationships with EMBARQ Brazil and EMBARQ Global and Center program staff colleagues to conceive collaborative work
- Develop written proposals, white papers, case statements, concept notes, strategic plans, budgets, and the other related materials needed to deepen prospect engagement for securing a gift
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, change environment with complex and evolving relationships and priorities
- Create, maintain, and update donor and funding prospect information
- Participate in and assist with various fundraising efforts like events and donor meetings
- Support EMBARQ Global Development Director on Brazil specific grant and donor proposals
- Identify and build relationships with other fundraisers across EMBARQ network
- Participate in monthly EMBARQ Brazil fundraising meetings, and quarterly Development Practice Area Network (DEV PAN) meetings and calls
Writing and Editing
- Produce monthly development newsletter for internal audiences and a quarterly newsletter for donors
- Collect articles, news items, and other relevant Web content information for fundraising efforts
Social Media Online Engagement
- Help build fundraising capacity and networks on EMBARQ Brazil social media outlets
- Gather EMBARQ Brazil’s fundraising activities, proposal amounts, and funding received on a monthly basis to share in a report with the EMBARQ Brazil and EMBARQ Global teams
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous professional experience and interest in fundraising (or related fields i.e. business development or sales) and non-profits
- Documented success personally implementing complex, multi-year cultivation strategies that use a relationship-building and moves management approach leading to successful closure of significant gifts
- Prior experience working with boards from corporations and foundations, and other executive or high-level, high-capacity volunteers
- Passionate about securing financial resources to advance social and environmental change
- Strong collegial interpersonal skills with an ability to diplomatically and effectively communicate in person, writing, and by phone.
- Able to work independently and also within a complexly structured and evolving team
- Collaborative problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities.
- Team-oriented thinker and strategist able to effectively respond to complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing organizational constituencies
- Ability to prepare complex and detailed proposals and related materials
- Active in social networking communities, such as Facebook, Flickr and Twitter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, start-up nonprofit environment
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of talented individuals across the globe
- Demonstrated interest in and/or knowledge of transportation, environment and urban planning
- Fluent in English; familiarity with Spanish a plus
- Sense of humor, enjoys learning, and can manage working on multiple and diverse projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and CRM systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Salary and Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications. WRI offers a comprehensive benefits package.
EMBARQ Brazil’s Porto Alegre office.