EMBARQ, the World Resources Institute’s Centre for Sustainable Transport, is seeking an Associate for its India Program. The successful candidate will be based in Mumbai.
• Under supervision of the senior staff, undertake tasks in multiple Integrated Urban Transport projects
• Participate actively in EMBARQ India’s ambitious and innovative growth strategy.
• Build and maintain strong network and relationships with key partners, institutions, stakeholders and colleagues throughout India
• Organize, facilitate and/or attend events that are relevant to the EMBARQ India program and the EMBARQ network on an as needed basis.
• 2-4 years of work experience
• Post-Graduate degree in Transport Planning, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Economics, Development Studies or related subject
• Knowledge of or strong interest in understanding the role or sustainable urban transport in improving the quality of life for urban residents, particularly in the Indian context
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects (often with varying timelines and priorities) at the same time and manage time accordingly
• Strong writing and report preparation skills
• Strong quantitative analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Prior experience working in the field of transport planning and urban planning a strong plus
• Excellent computer skills particularly with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Proficiency in ArcGIS, AutoCAD and Adobe suite a strong plus
• Proficiency in transport modelling software a strong plus
• Passion for sustainable urban transport and development
• Commitment to EMBARQ and WRI’s mission and values
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive, depending on qualifications and experience
Please submit applications by January 31, 2013.
Tentative start date is mid- to late-February 2013.
Applicants must be eligible to work in India.
EMBARQ, the World Resources Institute (WRI) Center for Sustainable Transport, was launched by WRI in 2002. EMBARQ helps to catalyze and implement environmentally and financially sustainable urban transportation solutions to improve quality of life in cities. EMBARQ works with local and national governments in the developing world on issues related to integrated transport, climate change and air quality, land use & urban development, and public health & road safety.
In 2002 EMBARQ founded its first Center for Sustainable Transport in Mexico (CTS-Mexico) and has subsequently created a global network of Centers in Brazil, the Andes, India and Turkey. The EMBARQ Network employs more than 100 experts in fields ranging from architecture to air quality management; geography to journalism; and sociology to civil & transport engineering.
More information can be found at: