Two guides on urban mobility planning prepared by EMBARQ are now open for review. Two more guides will be released later today. The revised versions will then be released in March as part of a UN-Habitat-EMBARQ partnership.
The recommendations from the draft quick guides are:
Successful Urban Mobility Planning should be:
- A holistic, people-centered approach;
- Participatory at all steps of the process; and
- A long-term process allowing for revisions to the plan along the way.
A Multi-Stakeholder Forum requires:
- Thinking about the forum as a process, not as an event;
- Strong political leadership; and
- Openness to involvement from all types of stakeholders.
Next steps and how you can get involved:
The two draft reports Establishing a Multi-Stakeholder Forum for Urban Mobility and Urban Mobility Plans are open for review from February 1, 2013 to February 15, 2013 noon GMT. Comments should be emailed to Dr. Robin King Director, Urban Development and Accessibility, EMBARQ at firstname.lastname@example.org.