Image source: electricitygovernance.wri.org
Prayas, a non-governmental, non-profit organization based in Pune, India, working on initiatives in health, energy, learning and parenthood, has launched a Young Researcher Fellowship in memory of Girish Sant, a pioneering policy researcher and public interest advocate in the energy sector, who passed away in February 2012. The Fellowship is intended to encourage young researchers to imbibe Girish Sant’s values and approach of high quality analysis, commitment to social equality, and emphasis on policy impacts. Applications are invited from interested candidates.
- To encourage young Indian researchers to take up public interest oriented research and advocacy in the Indian energy sector
- To provide financial and professional support to young people in the early stages of their careers in the energy sector
Details of the Fellowship
- The fellowship is full-time, and will be of a one-year duration, to begin in April 2013, and is managed by the Girish Sant Memorial Committee, and administered by the Prayas Energy Group.
- The researcher will be based at Prayas and be mentored by a senior researcher from the Prayas Energy Group. Additionally, affiliations and mentoring by experts from other institutions will be encouraged to gain diverse perspectives.
- The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 30,000, with some provision for other expenses, such as travel.
- The fellowship is open to Indian citizens below the age of 30.
- Applicants should have a minimum qualification of an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, multi-disciplinary interests, and the ability and willingness to learn
Interested candidates should send in their applications containing:
- Updated CV
- List of publications
- Names and contact details of two references from the energy or development sectors
- Detailed research proposal, not exceeding 1500 words, describing the proposed problem statement, its relevance and importance, outline of research activities, and expected outputs and outcomes
- Applicants are also encouraged to include a rough schedule in the proposal indicating the various other potential collaborator institutions.
All applications must be sent electronically to email@example.com on or before midnight on 13th January 2013. The successful applicant would be announced in February 2013.