The Urban Vision, an Indian think tank, is sponsoring a week long study tour of Mumbai aiming to steep leaders in architecture and infrastructure within the opportunities that exist to learn from the built environment in India’s largest city.
The course, which runs from December 2nd-8th, will allow for participants to interact with local officials, and investigate how planners and urbanists can seize the moment for achieving sustainable growth for India’s rapidly expanding urban population.
The highlights of the program are:
- A series of lectures & round table meetings featuring leaders from the local real estate / infrastructure sector and experts.
- Study tours of regeneration projects; slums, new large scale developments & heritage precincts in the city.
- A Conference : which will also feature a series of “ignite” style presentations by the participants.
- A networking reception.
- A half- day session of a charrette around a & “ignite” style proposal presentation.
- A catalogue featuring the program participants work & expertise
Participation in the program is aimed at senior leaders working in urban development. Applications are due on a rolling basis for the beginning of this month. Interested participants can submit their application here.